Monday, April 08, 2013

Dad's Surprise Birthday!

I am not the only one in the family to have a milestone birthday this year. 
My dad had a very special 65th birthday on April 1st.  It was a day full of surprises!
It started with a men's only breakfast with his closest pals.  Keith was the emcee and they had fun roasting my dad who loves a good joke.
 Then that evening just us adults when for supper at Greek Islands.  It's consistently delicious there!
 
 My dad opened his cards not really having any clue the surprise inside.
My mother is literally trying not to spill the beans...just look at that effort!
 And the look of astonishment on his face was priceless as he read about his all-expense paid upcoming trip to Bryce Canyon, Utah next week which has amazing photography opportunities due to it's scenery.  He was speechless!
 
And then even though we were stuffed, we came back to our place for dessert.  Guinness Chocolate Cake with Salted Caramel Glaze.  Oh yes!
 
We're so glad we could make his birthday special....he deserves it because he's such a great guy!

4 comments:

sultana said...

Aawh, that was sweet of you to say.
Happy to announce that he's there and I'm here and we will know everything next Friday.

cayman77 said...

nice cake!!! Your Dad looks so happy! awww what a nice suprise for him!

Anonymous said...

What a super cool surprise for your dad!

Terry said...

I loved all the attention and wonderful gifts. Yes, I am back, trying to catch up to life and get some of my photos on my blog and on Facebook. Thanks to everyone. So, are you all sending me to Australia next year?