Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Another Year of Living!

Yahoo...today is my birthday. I am healthy, loved and have so many blessings in my life! What a reason to celebrate.
Last year was quite intense and went by in a flash. All the way from the 'two pink lines on a stick' revelation right up until the last day of '35' it has been quite the ride. God does give us challenges but also the strength to get through them. It's been a lesson to learn!
This year will bring more adventures and I plan to enjoy all the days that are planned out for me by God who holds me in his hand.
I have been busy these past few days. It's going to be a marathon post.....take a look!

Last Friday we went out with the gang to Abbotsford's newest eating establishment. What a beautiful pub! The building is gorgeous. The atmosphere was great and as always...it was a real treat to have a night out.


Keri & Dave

Kori & Roger

I got this great plate and very yummy chocolate and the necklace I am wearing from K & K. They have quite the knack for chosing perfect presents!

My dinner was good. Not fantastic or amazing but good. The garlic aioli for the yam fries was lethal....oh the stink!
My complimentary dessert of sticky toffee pudding. Keith and I shared...it was huge!


Last night we went to my parents for supper. My mom usually makes us special requests at our birthdays and I wanted her 'Scrumptious Chicken'. It's quite possibly the most delicious food she's ever made! Along with her orange/strawberry winter salad with candied pecans...I was in gastric heaven.


Me and my boys.
Andrew brought me back this great t-shirt from Hawaii....just as I ordered!
My mom bought me a new fancy salad spinner. My cheapo version broke a few months back and I have been desperate to spin dry my lettuce once again!
Oh and a picture or two of my little sweetheart who by the way has forgotten how to sleep more than four hours in a row at night. Grrrr.....
Keith bought me tickets to see Third Day for my birthday! I'm really excited as I can't remember the last time I went to a concert of any sort. Tonight Chad is treating me to sushi for dinner. He's such a little sweetie. He wants to pay for it out of his own money.
I can never get tired of looking at Mt Baker. This was the view on my walk this morning. It's always stunning!
Oh...and a little piece of exciting news! We purchased our flights to Ireland! We have been planning this trip of a lifetime forever now and it's finally all coming together. We never dreamed we'd be able to visit our friends at their home but it's all worked out (thanks ICBC :)) and we're beyond excited!!!!!!!!


13 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh my, Liam is positively scrumptious! What a cuddly looking baby!! Your pictures of the tickets do not indicate the date of departure. . . when are you going, and for how long? That's going to be so much fun for you all.

Passionate Eater said...

Happy birthday Rachel, and have a great time on your Ireland trip! Eat lots and enjoy the experience!

Rachel said...

Oh..minor detail :)
We will be away from July 1-22!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you've had lots of fun celebrating already.

I'm SO jealous of your trip to Ireland. Well, except for the Air Canada part. ;)

villagegirl said...

I know I've already said it but one can't have too many well wishes on one's b-day so 'Happy Birthday' again!
It's so nice to have food cooked for you for you birthday especially when you are the one usually cooking! Glad you were able to get out to celebrate! Enjoy your treat from Chad (that's just so sweet!) tonight.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Rachel! I am so jealous of your sushi feast:)

Keri's Collage... said...

Such a great post! And for your sake, I'm glad that your birthday night out didn't make us cry this time :) I will never forget last year!
That dinner looks so yummy! You will have to share the recipe! My mouth is watering!
Happy Birthday Rach! Glad to see you have been spoiled!

Lovella ♥ said...

Happy Birthday Rachel .. .
How amazing this year has been for you .. .it sounds like you have had a great time celebrating with your boys. .and friends and family.
Oh how exciting to go to Ireland. .
and thanks for the heads up on the concert. . I read the ticket out loud. . loud enough for Terry to hear.

Shawna said...

What a fabulous birthday you had!

And what a great thing to have a huge trip planned! You'll have such fun!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are off to a better than ever year ahead. So exciting. Your baby is gorgeous...what a sweetie!

Jenn said...

Happy belated birthday my friend!! Looks like you had lots of fun with family and friends. So happy that you found flights that work for you to Ireland! It will be a trip of a lifetime!
Now you need to book your tickets to Salt Spring!!

Fiona said...

First of all, I can't believe someone didn't mention when I saw you last that your b.day was just around the corner ... happy b.day!

Second, I emailed someone at the Sports complex in Abbotsford and said that one of my friends got tickets already and how could I get in on that. She said that there was a computer glitch for about 15 minutes and Keith must have hit it at the exact time. Lucky you! I'll have to wait and see if I get tickets or not.

Third, that is SO sweet that Chad wants to take you out ... and with his own money to boot. Precious!

Fourth (and it's really hard for me to write 4 things when my favorite # is 3), I'm SOOO happy for you guys and your trip to Ireland. You will have a WONDERFUL time. Can't wait for the pictures.

Dickie Chick said...

Happy Birthday Rachel - Belated that is!
and how exciting that you are going to Ireland!!!! Yeah yeah yeah! I'm sure it will be amazing!