Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Valentine

Last night we decided to go on a hot date. A hot date in our hot tub that is. I was pretty excited because I hadn't had a dip since before Liam was born.
So Keith got it all ready and I hopped in while he was mixing us some iced tea. He came outside and asked why I had turned out the lights in the tub and turned off the jets. I hadn't.
ARG! The stupid breaker tripped again and now we are back to square one with the hot tub. Same issue that we thought we had dealt with in November has come back to haunt us.
Anyhow....we're sitting in the tub discussing the warranty and that sort of romantic thing and his phone rings. No one calls him on his work phone at 10 pm unless it's work. Sigh.....big fire and guess who's turn it is to investigate? Out of the hot tub we get.
Keith goes to sift through stinky ashes and I go to bed alone.
But it all doesn't really matter and I wasn't super disappointed. It's just ONE day on the calendar. I prefer a lots of love spread out over the year rather than a big explosion of it on the 14th :)
I hope you all celebrated in a way that made you feel special and loved!

5 comments:

Terry said...

There is always next year :(

villagegirl said...

Oh bother.
I agree. I like the love spread about, although a little extra special treatment here or there is never a bad thing. :)
I'm glad it didn't bother you, definitely a sign of a stable marriage when it's not all hinged on one event.

Anonymous said...

Ditto that. Why hang your hat on the 14th when you're loved up every day of the year?

Ne'ertheless ... t'would have been nice to have a little smooching in the hot tub. :)

Jenn said...

That's a funny story! You're right...Valentines is a nice day, but knowing you're loved the other 364 days of the year is much more important.

Anonymous said...

Having a husband who always worked shift work, I missed out on plenty of 'big' occasions with him. But you're right...it really doesn't matter so much as long as you're feeling the love the rest of the time.