Monday, February 09, 2009

Last One...For Real!


1. WAS YOUR THIRD PREGNANCY PLANNED? Ummm...No. No. No. No. No. No.


2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes for 14 years.


3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? Hysteria. Not the good kind.


4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? Not really but in my hysteria the thought did cross my mind.


5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 34


6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? I picked up a test on a whim since my period had started and then stopped which was very strange for me. I thought for sure it would be negative. I went out again and got another test because I thought it was defective.


7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? I stewed and swore all day at home alone until Keith got home and then I went berserk.



8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Yes because I was not really wanting anymore surprises in my life. I needed to plan at least some portion of the pregnancy.


9. DUE DATE? Oct 5, 2008



10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Yes, for the first 3 months. It really sucked.


11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Food in general :)



12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? My swollen ankles/feet really bothered me. I wasn't too fond of people who were 'thrilled' for me when I was quite upset about this whole thing. I needed sympathy...not congrats for the first several months!


13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? Boy



14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? I wanted a boy!


15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 45 big ones! Do you see a pattern?



16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? I had three! Very blessed.


17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? Like I said...I was done with surprises.


18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? No


19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Abbotsford Regional Hospital


20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? Planned c-section.


21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Keith



22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Surgical staff and Keith


23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? C-Section



24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Of course...post op meds are not optional!


27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 7lbs. 6oz....my littlest.


28. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? Sept 26, 2008


30. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Liam Michael Dyck


31. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? 4 months


PS. For the record I'm REALLY glad Liam is here now :)


7 comments:

Fiona said...

i've enjoyed watching your journey through this pregnancy and now that he's here it's so evident how much you love him. i love that you were honest.

Anonymous said...

Ditto what Fiona said. :)

Kerry said...

These are great...I enjoyed reading all three of them!!

Terry said...

Rachel, we neeed a fourth chapter, but I know that will not happen. You guys just make such fantastic babies!

Keri's Collage... said...

I already knew all of this, but it was great to read it! We are very happy that you LOVE little Liam :)

Kori's House said...

I smile as I read. Looking back I recall how upset you were. Hope you can forgive me/us for being excited even when you weren't ready. We just knew you'd come around. Liam is so precious!

charlotte mgcc said...

i just love the way you love your little boy and the fact that you were so honest about everything.
pregnacies aren't always a welcomed event, but it is so good that you had support and just love little liam now..hard to imagine life without him i am sure.

just so you know i have been counseling at crisis pregnancy center about 18+years now, so you are definatly not in the minority.
even good christian, loving moms go through the grieving of thinking they were done, and having to deal with the unexpected.