Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Finally!

Well after having our vehicles for sale for the past 2 months or so with no luck we have decided to change plans. Originally we wanted to sell both the Jeep & Jetta and get Keith a small car or pick up truck just to get to work.

It's not the right climate to be selling cars we have found. We have had a fair amount of interest but everyone wants a good deal. A REALLY good deal. We are not so desperate that we are going to give them away!

So we are going to keep the Jetta as Keith's commuter car. It's a great car with tons of life in it yet. It fits all of us so either car can be used to transport the family. The Jeep has gone into 'storage' and will continue to be for sale. Jeeps generally sell better in the spring/summer. We are confident it will sell eventually as there are always men looking for a hobby vehicle.
So yesterday Keith insured the Honda and this morning was it's maiden voyage to school. It's nice...I think. It took me the whole drive there to figure out what all the knobs and levers are for and my foot kept pounding the floor board looking for the clutch :) It'll take some getting used to. There is a nasty blind spot when I shoulder check that scares me so I'll have to learn how to use my mirrors a bit better. The boys were pleased with the roomy backseat and that's really what it was all about. Room for the boys!


Also, if you haven't seen the movie 'Fireproof' I would highly recommend it. It's very inspirational and encouraging! I have a copy and if anyone would like to borrow it you are more than welcome!!!


9 comments:

Murray and Tracy said...

That is why I did not see you guys this morning. I was looking for the jetta. :) Congratulations on your new car, have fun in it. :)

Canadian Kristin said...

HOORAY for the spiffy new, super-roomy backseated vehicle!!!

villagegirl said...

Yay for new wheels! I hope the Jeep sells really quick when the time comes. I think you'll be happy with this decision.
Hope your floor boards stay in tact. :)
oooh...yes, we may have to borrow that from you sometime. :)

Kerry said...

The car looks good on you!!! And, I agree with you about the Fireproof movie!!!

Keri's Collage... said...

Hooray for knee room :) I bet the boys love the new car!

I would love to borrow your movie...in the future! Thanks for the offer!

Chris said...

Yeah for the new car! Its very exciting....The movie. i've heard about it. I would love to borrow it. Any time your willing to give it up for a a day or two I would like to borrow it.

Anonymous said...

How exciting to finally get to drive the new car! I'm sure you'll be used to it in no time.

Kori's House said...

I was used to looking for you in the Jetta, it will be so wierd!

QuiltNut Creations said...

Fireproof is such an amazing movie! i'm encouraging all my friends to watch it too

enjoy your new wheels!