Sunday, March 08, 2009

Braggin' Rights

Friday was report card day!
I was fully confident Chad would get an excellent report (and he did)...he's consistently doing really well and his teacher tells me all the time how much she enjoys Chad. No worries there.
I really wasn't sure what I could expect from Nathan though. He has had a new teacher since the beginning of the term and I haven't quite figured him out yet. He seems nice and easy going but appears to be inconsistent in his marking and expectations of his class. That being said Nathan does like him so that's what counts I guess. We found that we rode Nathan really hard this term and it did cause a fair amount of stress most evenings.
Anyhow, immediately after school on Friday while we were sitting in the car letting the after school traffic jam die out I ripped open Nathan's report card. I just couldn't wait until we got home. Much to my delight I found that he had FIVE 'A's (Language Arts/Math/French/Social Studies/PE) and THREE 'B's (Science/Fine Arts/Health & Career)!!! I quickly showed him and the look of pure delight on his face totally made those horrible homework nights worth it. He was so very proud of himself. Honor roll status!
Of course the teacher's comments were a bit weird. Stuff about Nathan not achieving his full academic potential blah blah blah. I don't care...to me that was a top notch report card!
Both our boys are very clever and we're just so pleased with them both!

5 comments:

QuiltNut Creations said...

that is awesome! way to go Nathan!

Kerry said...

Wow!! That's great! Congrats to both boys...and you and Keith too!!

Canadian Kristin said...

Way to go on two excellent report cards!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic!

Terry said...

They both get an 'A' for effort and attitude for their very helpful contruibutions in Centre Court today. What good and willing workers they are!