Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Feeling Better But NOT Better

March 11 ~ an evil bug attacks me and I am feverish, achey and having the worst sore throat I can ever remember

March 13 ~ go to Doctor to get a swab done to test for Strep

March 20 ~ FINALLY feeling like myself again and happy that no news is probably good news in regards to swab test

March 23 ~ Dr's office calls to have me come in to 'discuss' test results

March 24 ~ Indeed it was strep and I am now on antibiotics for seven days!

Gotta love the efficiency of the Canadian Health Care system!!!

6 comments:

Kerry said...

Wow...I always thought the Canadian health care system was better than here, but I've had my doubts lately. Here you get a test done and get the result within 24 hours if not sooner. Sorry you haven't been feeling good, glad you finally found out what had been causing it.

QuiltNut Creations said...

that is just awful! um, feel better soon? lol

Terry said...

But didn't it go away on its own?

Anonymous said...

And what's worse is that you were probably contagious most of that time and could have been spreading it around. :(

Canadian Kristin said...

lol
We've had similar cart-before-the-horse strep stories this year!!!

Elma said...

Yikes...I am going to guess it is not the "Canadian system" but perhaps a Canadian or two responsible to deliver the "system". Lab reports such as this are available in 48 hrs and less to look at the "draft online". Well, hopefully the bugs are long gone....