Friday, March 13, 2009

How We Are

Being sick is the pits.
I had some sort of virus attack me Wednesday afternoon. It completely wiped me out all of Thursday. It was so bad that Keith had to stay home from work to take care of Liam...I was useless. My throat felt like I was swallowing a golf ball with razor blades. The aches, chills and fever made me want to die. Today the fever is gone but I feel quite weak still. The throat still hurts something fierce and I did go to the doctor to get a swab done to test for strep. The only good thing is that I can't really eat solids so I have dropped a few pounds. Bonus.
So much for doing something fun with the kids this weekend! Not only am I not up to it, Liam is still needing his treatments every four hours so we need to stick close to home. The doctor also checked Liam today and he is improving. What isn't so good is that she feels he could possibly have asthma. She has referred us to a pediatrician to sort out Liam's breathing issues. That appt. isn't until the end of April so until then we'll just hang tight.
I am not often sick so I feel like this winter was particularly bad with one cold, one flu and now this whatever I have. We are so much looking forward to a warm and healthy summer!

11 comments:

Canadian Kristin said...

Ugh. I had strep a few weeks back......it is not a Mom-friendly sickness for sure and really wipes you out. Glad Keith could stay home and help you that day! Sending "get well" wishes and prayers! Glad that you've got an appt for Liam....best to just get that figured out now so you can learn what he needs and work it into your lives!

sultana said...

Let me know if I can help.

Kori's House said...

Sorry you are sick Rach :(
Make sure you put those boys to work while you keep your feet up!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you're still not feeling well. I hope you're over the virus soon!

Anonymous said...

Poor little Liam. Clean fresh air could make a difference. You probably know that the incidence of childhood asthma in the Lower Mainland increases every year and the respirologists believe it is the air pollution. Wishing him well.

Anneliese said...

I hope you're all better soon and especially that Liam will get over his breathing problems. I noticed you have a basement kid now . . . almost looks like a teenager's room! Great job on the homework helping and pleasing results. Good for you on the "blah, blah" stuff. It will never matter in the end.

elma_pauls said...

Nasty being so sick...now if only we could get some sunshine....

On another note, your little kiddo is absolutely adorable...so fun! You really do have a lovely family...and we have enjoyed seeing the boys at Centre Court...we can't believe how much they have grown up over this last year. Definitely kids you can be proud of.

cayman77 said...

Hope your feeling better soon Rach :)

villagegirl said...

It's not fair for mommy's to get sick. I hope you all are free and clear from here on!
I'm with you all the way on the warm and healthy summer! Any time now would be nice. :)

Colleen said...

Nasty, Rach! May this be a soon and distant memory.

Chastity said...

:( Get well, and STAY well!! Thinking of you!