Sunday, March 01, 2009

Sold to a Good Home

There is a sad man sulking about my house this afternoon. Keith's 'dream' vehicle has been sold to a very excited 17 year old girl.
Murphy's Law. We just took the insurance off the jeep six days ago and then need to buy some more so it could be test driven today.

In desperation last week, I thought I'd try posting it on Craigslist in the Interior. Seems that was the trick as the emails started to come in with many interested parties. We got a very serious email on Thursday from a guy in Kelowna. He came down to take a look this morning with his daughter and when I got home from church the paperwork was just about completed. The buyer told us he had been looking for months for a jeep he could share with his daughter...seen many duds and was just thrilled with our Jeep. We did have to come down a bit on the price but after 2 months of trying to sell it in this economic climate we knew we had to bend a little. It's all good.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's one less thing to worry about, eh?

Keri's Collage... said...

Nice that it's going to a good home!

Terry said...

Poor Keith. You will have to get him a Hummer now, for his birthday.

Kori's House said...

That is great news!!

Murphy's Law about the insurance :)

villagegirl said...

Fabulous! I'm so glad it's done. It's stressful trying to sell something.

villagegirl said...

Fabulous! I'm so glad it's done. It's stressful trying to sell something.

villagegirl said...

Oops.

Colleen said...

I would've died for one of those when I was seventeen. And I bawled like a baby when I had to sell my first car. I'm feeling the whole "sulky sadness" thing.

Canadian Kristin said...

Hooray on 'one less car in the driveway'.
Sadness on Keith's dream vehicle moving on.

Shawna said...

Yay - glad it's sold...now for the Jetta to go ;)