Thursday, March 11, 2010

Best Deal Ever


I'm still revelling in the amazing deal I got this morning at the mall! Both Nate and Chad have been sadly lacking in the pants department. They both really only have one pair that don't look like floods. It's pathetic. Today I decided to pop into the Gap to check out the sale rack. I always head there first and rarely buy anything full price. The rack was loaded with nice heavy cotton cargo pants which I thought would be a nice change from them always wearing jeans. Chad was with me and he tried on a bunch and chose two pairs and I grabbed a pair for Nathan as well. They were regularly $34.99 but marked down to $14.99 and I thought that was a good enough deal. When the gal rung them up they showed as $1.97 on the till. I thought to myself that was surely a mistake and didn't say anything. Then she told me they were a final sale and I said that was just fine. Then she said: At that price it's worth it, right? I asked if they were really $1.97...I told her it just seemed too good to be true and told me yes, it was correct! WOW! But it gets even better. I found out there was a credit of $10.00 on my sprize card and so she used the credit to pay for the pants and I didn't have to pull out my wallet at all. I got THREE PAIRS OF FREE PANTS TODAY! Wheeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

This 'good deal' high should last me for while :)

3 comments:

Terry said...

Another 'Menno moment' for sure. :)

I had the opposite experience in Victoria over the weekend. I misplaced my favourite hoodie and shopped at the Mayfair mall for a replacement. Found six stores with hoodies on sale for $15 to $29. Nothing fit or did not have logos plastered all over them so I finally found a fantastic one at Eddy Bauer's. With tax, $88.00. I am now in possession of it, but it is too nice to wear. Another 'Menno moment' for sure, but of the opposite variety.

villagegirl said...

That is the best deal ever!!! I love the sale rack at the Gap. I've almost never bought anything regular price either. It's just not worth it when in a couple months you could buy it for a fraction of the cost. Wow. I must make a trip in there soon.

Jenn said...

Yeah!!