Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Spring Things

Today I made prune cake. Sounds gross, yes? NO!!! Please make this cake...it's incredible. I assure you. It's worth a try. Click here to the recipe link and you can thank me later.
I also made matrimonial bars which was a first for me.

Liam is an outdoor boy. He loves to play outside and would happily do so all day if I let him. Fortunately, Nate and Chad are on spring break so they were assigned 'Liam duty' in the backyard this afternoon. I love having built in sitters.
Liam loves to smell the flowers. But don't show him a bug. Bugs FREAK him out. Funny...today I went grocery shopping and told him it was time to sit in the 'buggy' (shopping cart) and he screwed up his face like....NO BUGS MOM! It's really quite cute and I'm afraid we often pretend we have bugs on us (such as little pieces of fuzz or lint on our clothes) just to see his priceless expressions.

You see? Happy, Happy, Happy!


He doesn't look happy here but he is. I bought this car off a friend last summer knowing that Liam would love it. It lives at my mom's and she says he's loves to play in it anytime they are in the backyard.

7 comments:

villagegirl said...

I'm afraid the word prune in general gives me the shivers. But since you are a trustworthy food friend. I may just give it a try! :)
I love the outdoor pictures. My boys like to be out too. Rain or shine. Which is probably just as well out here.
Your crocuses are so pretty. Every spring I wish I would have planted some in the fall. Sigh.

Kerry said...

Liam is SOOOO cute. And that he is scared of bugs...too funny!! My oldest was like that and he still screams and jumps when he sees a spider.

Gaye said...

Cute, cute, cute!
Lukas still hates bugs, especially those that fly in your face!

Anonymous said...

You lost me at "prune". I do love me some matrimonial bars though.

Liam is as cute as ever and your flowers are lovely.

Ang said...

I've looked at that recipe and wondered about it. Nice to have a trustworthy recommendation - I think I will give it a go... sometime.
Love the pics!
Enjoy your time off.

Stephanie said...

That cake sounds yummy to me.

Love the pic of Liam smelling the flowers and the 3 boys on the fence!

Both my kids are horrified of bugs. A few times they've found one in the car while we're driving and it's all I can do to remain calm and not get into an accident from the hysterical screaming!

Jenn said...

Liam is really growing up! That's funny about the bugs... Abby is scared of lots of things, but she loves bugs, especially wood bugs.