Saturday, March 19, 2011

And We Party On


Keith's mom knew that I was going to have a family party for Nathan in April since my house is in shambles due to the upcoming move. She decided that since 13 was such a milestone it could not be put off and so she asked if she could have us to dinner and birthday cake last night. Indeed, I thought. Fly at it! I was more than happy to let her take over. I had worked all day and was pleased to have a nice hot supper cooked for me! She made a great lasagna with all the delicious sides. Yum.
After supper Liam patiently waited for his cake. He's always keen to have dessert and even more keen to sing happy birthday. Over and and over and over......
My, my that's a large fire on your cake Nathan! In a few more years the cake will be full. Grandpa's famous chocolate fudge cake with orange sauce was pretty tasty.
My little sweetie and I. He was such a chatterbox last night....it just plum wore me out. His cheesy grin needs a little work.
Apparently (and I didn't know this) getting a Leatherman tool is a big deal for a guy. Who knew? Keith and I wanted to get Nathan a special memento for this milestone of entering the teen years. I left Keith in charge because obviously I'm not really up on meaningful gifts for the male species. Keith even got the tool engraved with Nate's name and date of his 13th birthday. It was a nice touch. What was funny though was when Nathan opened the box and exclaimed: "Wow! New pliers!"
As you can see he's also sporting a fancy new watch that he picked out himself as a gift from Grandpa and Grandma. He's one lucky kid....er, I mean young man!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup. A leatherman is definitely a guy gift.

Shawna said...

Looks like a great birthday celebration!! What fun & a leatherman, yes, you are a man once you have one...apparently ;)