Friday, March 25, 2011

Success and Progress


I put Chad into swimming lessons this week. I liked the idea of him going everyday rather than spreading it out over 6 weeks. I'm not sure how smart I was thinking that I'd like to get up early on my week off and drive my child halfway across town every morning but it worked out for the best. Chad did so amazing this time and passed level two with flying colors! Gone (I hope) are the days of him taking 3-4 tries to pass a level. I think that now we're on a roll and we'll be going for level three in May. I've promised him that once he passes level four he can stop taking lessons. By that time the kids are pretty confident in the water and they are simply improving stroke development. My goal in all this was only to make Chad comfortable in the water and able to take care of himself in either shallow or deep waters.

On the home front, my crank-o-meter is rising steadily. I am tired of the clutter and mess of boxes. I have needed to rummage through boxes for things I have packed perhaps a bit too prematurely! I know moving day is so close now...I'm very anxious to get this show on the road!
I've completely given up on housework and as you can see my children are enjoying making designs in the dust. Gasp! I try not to even look at it.
The next big step is to get all the boxes down to the garage. That way on moving day things can hopefully go smoothly and all that's left to get down the stairs is the furniture.
It seems that Murphy's Law dictates that items in your home will fall into disrepair once the house is sold. We had to replace more light bulbs than I can count, replace the broiler element in the stove, repair the hoses in the washing machine and fix a leaky gas valve on the hot water tank. Seriously! I told Keith that from now on we are parking on the driveway because I have a sneaky suspicion our garage door openers will die any day now. It's just been that kind of month!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Kori's House said...

Way to go on level Two Chad... only two more to go!

Packing and moving sucks... but you are almost done!! Hang in there!

Kori's House said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
QuiltNut Creations said...

congrats Chad!

the last two houses my parents sold, the hot water tank went on the last week. or should I have not told you that? lol. good luck, moving day is almost here!

Kerry said...

Congratulations Chad!!
Hope the move goes smoothly! :)

Terry said...

Just don't burn the house down.
I thought Chad was doing rather well in the swimming pool in Palm Desert. Congratulations!

villagegirl said...

Great job Chad!
It's a lot of work getting through swimming lessons. We are starting up again this week.