Saturday, March 12, 2011

It's Nice to be Appreciated

This past week it was staff appreciation week at our middle school. We were positively spoiled with a full lunch made by the PAC, deluxe made to order hot beverages, smoothies, cookies, baking, flowers, cards and balloons for some. I felt appreciated at my previous job but not quite to this level! It's really nice to have students come by the office to just say 'thanks' or 'you're doing a great job'!

It's not completely safe to have appreciation week in some cases. I enjoyed an absolutely delightful homemade sticky bun on Thursday that was SO sticky it pulled my crown right off my tooth! I went to see the dentist that afternoon to have it re-cemented and it was rather painful. Lesson learned. No more sticky buns!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Terry said...

Sounds more like 'Revenge Day' to me :)

Kori's House said...

It's always nice to be appreciated but not if it's means a trip to the dentist. Ouch!

Trace said...

That's fantastic....what a great thing to do! The staff appreciation day that is, not the trip to the dentist. :)

Anonymous said...

That must have been one heckuva sticky bun! Yikes!

villagegirl said...

Goodness! At least they could fit you in quickly!
It's very nice to be appreciated though.

Fiona said...

That's so great! Sorry about the crown problem. :(

Jennie said...

You ARE appreciated, that's for sure!! And I know one of those appreciaters on the card very well!! She was excited that her SGA got to appreciate YOU :)