Friday, March 11, 2011

My Ski Bunny


Chad had the opportunity to go skiing with his school this past weekend. It's his second time on the slopes and he definitely enjoyed himself.
He asked if we could all go skiing at the family sometime. Hmmm....now that's an expensive hobby! I often wonder just how families afford to ski together. After paying for lift tickets and equipment (buy or rent?) it's just quite a cost!
For now he can enjoy the school trips and perhaps one day we'll make it out there all together!

Keith's turn to go up with Chad. I went with Nathan for two years and that bus ride was enough to just about do me in!

Sitting and waiting for lessons to begin.


Practicing those turns.


Apparently Chad and a tree had an 'incident'! Maybe he needed to work on those turns a bit more.

And home to a very yummy dinner. Chad was one tired and hungry boy when he got home. It was a very long day for him.

6 comments:

Kori's House said...

Such a fun day! Brings me back to my days of skiing with school!

Trace said...

Looks like great fun!! :)

Anonymous said...

That was nice that Keith was able to go with him and spare you the bus ride. (I'm no good on long bus rides either!)

Fiona said...

The bus ride would've done me in, too! That video's so cute. The no poles things scares me a little but if that's how you learn, I guess you wouldn't know any different. He did great!

QuiltNut Creations said...

Jim keeps saying he wants to take us all skiing, I think we would need to take out a loan first!

Jenn said...

Tell me about it! I took the kids up to Mt. Washington for one day of skiing this week and Abby and I only skied a half day and it cost $280 for our rentatls and lift passes! I almost passed out when I saw the interac machine...