Thursday, January 12, 2012

Meatless Supper: Lentil & Brown Rice Burritos

Joseph's Grainery: Lentil Brown Rice Burritos:

Click on the link for the recipe.  It doesn't LOOK that awesome but it really tastes great.  We used soft flour tortillas and topped them with fresh salsa, cheese, chives, lettuce, sour cream and tomatoes.  Everyone enjoyed them!  Even Liam ate an entire burrito.
The cook time is rather long so next time I am going to do this in my crock pot on low while I'm at work.  Prep time is minimal.  We try to eat meatless once or twice a week but still have some protein to keep the tummy satisfied. 
And if you are on a post-Christmas budget you'll love how inexpensive this is to make!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right...it sure isn't going to win any awards for looks. But it sounds like it would taste scrumptious which is all that really matters.

Trace said...

That sounds really yummy!!

White Girl said...

I'm sorry, but the picture looks like the contents of a diaper.

Thanks for the disclaimer about the looks because I don't think I would have tried it otherwise.