Sunday, January 29, 2012

Soon Baby, Soon!

I had a shower to attend today for my sis-in-law Suzanne.  Her baby boy is due next month and we are very excited.  She had bragged on my baking and therefore I was asked to bring something to contribute to the shower.  I felt a bit of pressure to bring something 'fancy' but I don't do fancy.  I do plain and basic.  I put in a call to my 'fancy' baking friend and Kori was ever gracious and offered to help me out!

 She helped me turn ordinary cupcakes into beautiful cupcakes!  And they tasted great. 

 I'm sure looking forward to meeting this little nephew of mine.  And my children are most thrilled to actually have their very first 'first' cousin.  They've plenty of second cousins but not first.
 She was positively spoiled with wonderful items.  We also we able to write down some words of widsom for her in a keepsake book. 

I think grandma was hoping for a grand-daughter but it seems that boys are the way things happen around here.  We will love this little guy lots and hope to meet him in a few weeks! 


2 comments:

White Girl said...

Is the writing made with melted white chocolate? Great idea! I'm going to use a variation of that for Valentine's Day!

QuiltNut Creations said...

the cupcakes look fabulous.