Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Weddings are Exciting

I was in grade 10 when Bethany was born.  Another cousin in our very large extended family.  She was a sweet little dolly and then all of a sudden she grew up!  A few years ago she left for Alberta to attend university and lo and behold found her future husband as well!  A few days ago my aunt hosted a wonderful bridal shower brunch for her while she was out for the holidays.



Glowing, as a bride to be should!

 We all brought a dish to share and enjoyed a delicious brunch in my aunt's newly renovated kitchen.
 The family room was simply decorated with a wedding dress and bouquet from my cousin, Erin's wedding.
 It was a time of day shower and I had the 10 pm slot.  Now that was fun!  She held up the negligees but wouldn't hold up the undies :)
 There were also practical gifts!
 Both her Omas were in attendance and were MOST interested in inspecting the lingerie!
We look forward to the wedding in May!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A "time of day" shower? How have I never heard of this? What a genius idea.

AF said...

First time I've seen a pic of auntie Herta's new kitchen. Wow, that's very nice.

White Girl said...

A time of day shower! I love it! I'm going to have to remember that for the future!