Thursday, March 22, 2012

Escape

We had a wonderful 3 days at Harrison despite icy rain, sleet, a fever or two, a tummy upset, a puking incident, a scraped face in the pool, a hard mattress and a stuffy room!  Honestly...we really had a great time!  These things are just all a part of 'family vacations'.





It was stunning when we arrived Monday afternoon.  I wish the mountains would have shown up in my photo better.  You'll just have to take my word for it.
Sunny but awfully cold.  No mistaking that spring is not quite here yet.


Chad and Nate took turns sleeping on the floor.  Such is life with three children in hotel rooms built for four.

Liam enjoyed sleeping with his big brothers.  I'm not sure the feeling was entirely mutual!

Tuesday morning, after breakfast we decided to brave the elements for a walk even though it was a nasty day with lashings of icy rain.

A little rain never hurt anyone and the promise of spening the rest of the day in the hot mineral pools was a good incentive.  We swam and swam and swam....and then swam some more.  The pools were certainly busy which is always entertaining for people watching.  I didn't take my camera to the pool except on the last morning since I was worried it would get wet or stolen or dropped.

Our package included the buffet breakfast each morning in their restaurant.  It also included a pizza dinner with beverages delivered to our room one night and a pay-per-view movie.  We had never ordered a movie at a hotel before and I was blown away to see  normally that would be a $15.99 cost!  Are you for real?!  We watched the recent Muppet Movie and it was horrible.  So glad we didn't pay a cent for it!

On the final morning the three boys enjoyed one final dip before check-out.
 The lap pool was not as warm as the family pool.  Chad begged me to go in at least once and since I endevour to be a 'good' mom I went.  It was a chilly lap of swimming and I was very happy to run straight back to the 85F degree water pronto!
Liam had many 'rides' and certainly enjoying swimming.  It tired him out beautifully too...bonus for us!

Nate and I opted to hang out in front of this grand old fireplace in the upper lobby during the guys' final swim. Very cozy.

So, we did have a 'warm' holiday this spring break after all!  We really enjoy going to Harrison Hot Springs and hope to get back there again soon.

5 comments:

Terry said...

You gotta' get your 'warm' where you can. Looks like a great three days.

villagegirl said...

Were you in the 'Main' hotel room? The beds there are not as comfy as the East Wing. The pools are certainly a delight! Haven't been in a long time. I think maybe I'll have to rectify that soon.
It's lovely to go on a family vacation.

Lovella ♥ said...

I just love those Harrison Hot Springs packages. It is just the best little get away.

Anonymous said...

What a nice little escape you had! I wish I was in that nice warm water right now.

Kori's House said...

Great memories... Love a good soak at HHS!