Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Take Me Back Tuesday

Oregon Coast
1984
One of the very few store bought items of clothing I owned was that Mickey Mouse sweatshirt.  I loved it.
My mom sewed practically ALL my clothes.  It was very upsetting to me.  I understand now just how tight finances were for my parents.  It's such a pleasure to buy my kids store bought clothing now since it's not something I was able to do until I earned my own money!
Another memory about this picture is that fact I wanted desperately to run barefoot in the surf.  I'm sure it was cold but kids never feel the cold, do they?  Under no circumstances were my parents about to let me take off those supremely ugly boots and prance around barefoot.  As a recovering rheumatic fever patient, avoiding strep throat or any sickness really was paramount!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That would be pure torture to be at the beach and not be able to run barefoot in the sand. And yet you're still smiling. :)

Terry said...

I always loved your super thick and rich braids.

Colleen said...

Stop it! You are TOO CUTE!

Fiona said...

You're so cute! ... and hey, gumboots are back in style now! :)