Saturday, April 21, 2012

Chad's 'Friend' Party

One of my downfalls as a mother is that I do not like planning or carrying out birthday parties.  I know that some moms find this utterly delightful but I am not on that team.
Keith was wonderful and planned most of the party for me.  He prepared and referreed all the games and activities.  Because I was so under the weather last night with a head cold he also made the birthday cake and the party favors of candy apples.  Thankfully, Melissa was Keith's assistant and I just laid on the sofa while they did all the work.  Now that's my kind of birthday party!
The sun shone brightly today which was perfect since I didn't want all those boys inside.  We were able to have the entire party outdoors.
Here is a photographic summary...
 Melissa really enjoys being with Keith.  I think she misses her dad a lot.

 They made some fabulous creations
 Most impressive!
 The Lego cake turned out well but the color of the icing wasn't quite the blue hue we had envisioned!
 Keith organized 'Minute 2 Win It' styles games which took up the entire afternoon.  The boys all seemed to enjoy them!  This one was pulling  Kleenex from a box....trying to get them all out in a minute.

 Oh and guess who got to cleaned it all up!?

 Folding a paper airplane with one hand was another challenge.
 Putting together a cereal box puzzle proved to be very puzzling for Justin.
 Victor dominated with chop sticks in this challenge!

This involved standing a pencil on end using straws as chop sticks!


And the grande finale was cake, present and whacking each other silly with pool noodle light sabers that Keith made for all the boys.
So, another successful party under the belt.
Chad was very happy so it was entirely worth it!

6 comments:

QuiltNut Creations said...

I am so with you! Our youngest 2 birthdays are both (rapidly) approaching and I just dread the party days. Looks like a good party; feel better soon!

Terry said...

Looks like a lot of fun ... and those chocolate covered apples (?) are wow! If Chad is happy, then mission accomplished.

sultana said...

You have the best boys and they have the bestest parents ! So nice to see your international students involved !

Trace said...

Looks like a really fun party!!! And those apples look amazing!! :)

Anonymous said...

I've never been a fan of candy apples, but seeing those pics has me thinking I might be missing out on something.

What a great party! Looks like Keith did a fabulous job.

AF said...

What a great b-day party!!