Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Property Virgins

Property Virgins is a show I enjoy on HGTV...when I get a chance to actually watch TV! 
Back in 1996 we purchased our first piece of real estate.  We had been renting an apartment for the first 18 months of marriage but were pleased to find we qualified to buy a brand-new condo which was very close to both of our jobs at the time.  We sold Keith's car for the down payment and plunged into home ownership.  It was a very nice 1100 sq ft, two bedroom place.  It was plan to stay for five years and then move to a house.  Little did we know that we would be victims of the 'leaky condo' fiasco.  We ended up staying there 10 years as we chipped away at a $20K repair bill.  Yeah...that sucked!
Fond memories remain of bringing home our babies here and sharing laughter with friends and family!
We always give our place a little way when we drive by what used to be 'home sweet home'.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can relate to staying longer than one has planned for. We STILL haven't gotten out of our first house and I think we're coming up on year 15 of what was a 4-year plan.

Terry said...

I still kind of look for little Nate in the window when I walk or drive by this place.

villagegirl said...

I love that show too!...when I can watch it.
Your place was always warm and inviting...still is. :)

Trace said...

We are just gone 3 years in our first place. I loathe moving and loathe the buying process even more so I don't want to go anywhere any time soon. :)