Monday, May 21, 2012

Wedding Weekend

The much anticpated day of Bethany and Gordon's wedding had finally arrived.  We were all scrubbed and spiffied up within an inch of our lives.  It was time to head to the 'big city' for the wedding.  Since it was a 2pm wedding, we headed out just after noon in case of traffic.  We didn't want the kids to mess up their clothes with food so we opted for milkshakes instead of burgers!  Along with a few granola bars, this filled up their tummies nicely for a while.



 Liam was a dream during the ceremony.  SO well-behaved.  Now this was due to Keith being smart enough to have his IPod all charged up and ready to go with Angry Birds.  Liam happily played that for the entire time.

Sherbrooke MB Church in Vancouver is the Klassen home church.  My mom went here when she grew up and got married there as well.  All but one of my aunties and uncles were married here too.  Bethany's family is the only one attending there now but it was great to see here getting married here in the tradition of the family.




 It was raining pretty hard so we didn't get as many family pictures as we would have liked.  Thankfully Andrew managed to get one of us all!

 After the wedding ceremony we had time to kill before the reception started.  We had booked a room at the hotel where the reception was being held so we headed back there to swim.  'We' being the boys of course.  Moms who have dolled them selves up with make up and hair products do not swim!
 I just love my cousins!  Teresa & Erin.
 Erin, myself and Kim.
 It was very handy that the boy cousins were all seated together at the dinner.  They enjoyed being away from their parents and we enjoyed sitting with adults and having good conversation!  Of course we had Liam with us but he was PERFECTLY behaved.  Again...thanks to games on my phone and Keith's IPod.  He really was a pleasure to have along.
 Cut little wedding favors.  Sweet Tarts!  I'm not a big fan of candy but these are yummy.
 The new Mr and Mrs Bartel!  They are going to live in Lethbridge after their honeymoon. 
Exuse that black smudge on her dress.  I dropped my camera several days ago and now something is damaged in the lens.  Sigh....probably time for a new one.
 The boys were quite into this whole wedding business.  They asked so many questions and really enjoyed the whole day.  I'm glad I got this picture of them with Bethany.  She was born when I was 15 years old so she always seemed like my 'baby' cousin but I must admit this means she's all grown up now!
And a rare captured moment of us all dressed up.  It was a pretty great day! We were pretty tired byt the time the dancing began so we herded our brood to our room for what we thought would be a good night's rest.   Unfortunately the over night stay in the hotel wasn't as nice.  Liam had several nosebleeds in the night which kept us up.  Nothing like stressing over bloody hotel linens!  Eeeeks.

5 comments:

AF said...

Yah that was a great wedding.

Anonymous said...

I just love that family picture! And the one of you and Keith. You all are SO photogenic!

Trace said...

I agree with Sonya, you guys are so photogenic! What a beautiful family. :)

On a side note, I have recently learnt the key to being able to go out for lunch these days with Lincoln is to take the ipad. I downloaded some of his favourite shows and it keeps him occupied too. lol.

herta klassen said...

I knew I'd find wedding pictures on your blog. Thanks for the memories of the day, it was fun!

QuiltNut Creations said...

Looks like a wonderful day.