Thursday, September 13, 2012

Brass Section

This is a photo of my uber keen middle school beginning band student watching a Youtube clip on how to make a proper 'embourchure' for the trombone.  He is very excited to learn an instrument and it's nice that Keith's trombone from his band days is still in good enough shape for Chad to use.  Okay, it just needed one small ($100 eeekkk!) repair but the music shop said it was a high quality trombone so I guess we're keeping it!  In band 6 at MEI middle the kids will learn three instruments and then in grade 7 will chose just one instrument to focus on.  After term one Chad will go on to learn the clarinet and trumpet.  I loved playing in band back in the day and I do hope that Chad will enjoy his experience and excel at which ever instrument he ends up choosing. 

2 comments:

Terry said...

We need a musician in the family.

villagegirl said...

Learning and instrument is very good for one's brain!
I hope he really enjoys it!