Thursday, September 06, 2012

Walking Nowhere

This is my new friend.  We are still getting used to each other.
Keith's mom kindly loaned me her treadmill for a while as I want to see if I am a treadmill kind of girl.  It's nice to have the option of not walking in the rain as fall approaches.
I've been using it for two weeks now and I do like it.  The design could be improved upon with long handles since one trips up on the front of the treadmill with the handles so short. I like to watch TV as I am huffing and puffing but it seems that nothing of interest is ever on while I am working out.  Grrrr!
But I have found my perfect pre-programmed setting and I hope that I see some results!  It's a sweaty, hot work doing the treadmill.  Or perhaps I'm just that badly out of shape?!

7 comments:

Keri's Collage... said...

I find that having a fan blowing on my legs makes walking indoors more tolerable. Just don't have it facing your face or you get a dry mouth!

villagegirl said...

Keri, that is good advice! I have at times done some good workouts on our treadmill. It's definitely better than getting soaked. Which tends to happen in this neck of the woods.
Good for you!!

Stephanie said...

I'd like one for the winter months but they do take up a lot of room. Good thing you guys have a lot of that! I've started going out for a run/walk on my lunch break. Only time available these days!

Anonymous said...

I wonder how long it will be before we see a picture of the treadmill covered in junk? ;)

Kori's House said...

I'm loving walking outside but the first evening of rain I'll be crying for a treadmill :(
Have fun :)

Ang said...

so how are you doing a month later?

Rachel said...

Using it 4-5 times a week!