Tuesday, January 30, 2007

3500 Steps

Today was another gorgeous day so I told myself that I really ought to go for a walk. I hate walking alone but I really would have felt guilty if I hadn't taken advantage of the sunshine today. I am better at getting some exercise if I can some how track it or have some sort of result to see at the end of things. A pedometer is perfect for me. The one I have tracks the number of steps, distanced walked and calories burned. Everything I could possibly keep tabs on after a walk! So off I went....feeling a little strange walking on my own but I just keep my head up and went as fast as I liked with no little voices telling me that they were tired. That part was very enjoyable. I did our usual loop in our neighborhood which took me about 40 minutes. I was all excited to see my results when I got home but they were less than stellar. Really! Just under 3500 steps taken, 237 calories burned and 3.16 kms walked. Not quite the workout I thought I was doing! I bet that didn't even take care of the Corn Flakes I had for breakfast.

9 comments:

Keri's Collage... said...

Better than some of us did today :)

Keri's Collage... said...

...look at me as I eat my cheesecake on a stick and dipped in chocolate!!! MMMMM!!! About 100,000,000 steps needed to burn off that puppy!!

Canadian Kristin said...

3500 steps sounds like a LOT! Well done!

Anonymous said...

Next time eat Puffed Wheat.

Anonymous said...

I don't know. Sounds pretty good to me! Any exercise is good exercise. :)

Dickie Chick said...

Way to go girl! Actually getting out and doing something is an accomplishment in itself.
Be proud!

Rachel said...

I have read that one should aim for 10,000 steps per day. I wore the pedometer all day and got to 8800 only. Ah well....better than nothing I guess. Somehow the thought of spring and having to bare more flesh makes me want to get out and MOVE!

villagegirl said...

maybe that is why I do not own a pedometer - not that I wouldn't like know, it's just that I can fool myself better without acurate count. :) I think that's great! A 40 min walk is a great accomplishment!

Kori's House said...

I can't wait to walk a few steps with you! It's been a while!