Monday, January 29, 2007

I Love this Place!


Our corner of the province has been basking in wonderful sunshine the past few days and there is a lot more in the forecast. After a very stormy winter so far this is a much needed reprieve. Everyone seems a lot cheerier on a sunny day too. There hasn't really been much to post lately. The past week was just the usual work, soccer, etc etc...life! We had a nice weekend enjoying the outdoors as much as we could fit in. Two really long walks went a long way in giving our lazy selves a bit of a work out. My parents returned from a two week holiday in Mexico early Sunday morning. They look tanned and well-rested and by all accounts had a great time. I hope we can return in a few years! Yep...heaps of excitement going on here. Let's see...what else? Chad has a nasty cold. That isn't really anything new for him. He came home from kindergarten today and proudly announced he had almost used up a whole box of Kleenex. Super. Nathan is sitting here watching 'The Sound of Music' which is the second time in one month. It was a favorite of mine when I was a kid too! I had planned to make some blueberry muffins and oatmeal cookies tonight but am out of eggs. Okay, now I am rambling....I hope my next post will be a tad more exciting!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

villagegirl said...

That is a beautiful picture! The mountains are one of my favourite parts of living here and when it rains you can't see them. Yay sunshine!

Canadian Kristin said...

Sounds like a true January...crisp and clear, and not much going on! Excellent!!!

If you ever get to go to the "Singing Sound of Music"....GO!!! Sounds like you and Nathan would love it!

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful shot of Mt. Baker!

Kori's House said...

You should have called this post "The Hills are alive" and of course we would have to sing it as we read it :)

Maybe the extra sunshine will help dry Chad's poor little nose up?!?!

Jennie said...

I love the "Sound of Music" and the January Mountains. There is something different about them, I just love it!