Thursday, February 15, 2007

Dropping Like Flies....

...except it's teeth. This week has got to be a record! Nathan has lost two molars and an eye tooth. He's amassing wealth at a phenomenal rate! He's my squeamish child so this is not something he tolerates too well. Most kids I know are eager to pull their teeth to get money but Nathan is not motivated by money. He lets that tooth dangle for as long as he can, chews around it and will talk funny. He definitely lets nature take its course! Today's loss happened at school during the first bite of his tuna sandwich. So he will get more money tonight!
He actually asked me to phone the tooth fairy to let her know that he's not losing teeth on purpose to make money.


I took a little gander at my backyard during a brief break from the rain today and noticed that my heather is starting to flower. The crocuses are peeking out and my daffodils and tulips are coming up too! I'm so excited to see my yard all pretty again.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the note from the Tooth Fairy!

Keri's Collage... said...

cool note!
Alanna and Nathan are so similar!

Anonymous said...

Great note! Where'd you find it? And too sweet about him wanting to make sure the Tooth Fairy didn't think he was taking advantage of her.

Oh. I felt a pang when you said your daffs and tulips were peaking out behind the crocuses. Please oh please enjoy them extra deeply for me, would you?

Anonymous said...

What a sweet way to commemorate what could be a traumatic time in a young child's life. Matthew was like that too. He even swallowed one tooth while eating his lunch at school and wanted to go home. After consoling him that it would not damage his insides and drying his tears he managed to stay for his afternoon classes.
My garden is showing signs of spring too, Yeah!, God is good!

Jennie said...

Just thought I'd let you know that I thought Firefighter Keith was wearing the coolest shoes in Church today. :)

cayman77 said...

K I decided I like your camera best! What Brand is it and how many pixels????

Jenn said...

Isaiah hasn't lost any teeth in the back yet.. Your back yard sounds so nice.

Rachel said...

Jennie you are too funny!

I had to remove the note from this post as I realized a few days later that it had our last name on it! I'm not the sharpest tack in the box.

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.