Thursday, February 08, 2007

Putting Temptation in My Way


Well, this is my 'other' birthday present. The present technically from Keith but which I went out and bought for myself. I'm sure most of you know that I have an absolute weakness for popcorn. I love it and have always loved it. Growing up we ate it for snacks several times a week....I think it was a very economical thing to feed ever-hungry kids! Now over the years I have eaten hot-air popcorn, microwave popcorn and popcorn popped on the stove. They are okay but nothing every really compares to the popcorn you get at the theatre. That is the very best in my opinion. So a few years ago I was introduced to Schneider's popcorn through a co-worker and found it to be as close to theatre popcorn as you can get. It's awesome. I didn't want to buy the special pot, oil and popcorn though because I was afraid that I would not be able to control myself basically eat popcorn 24/7. This may still happen but I decided that darn it, if I was going to eat popcorn I should eat GOOD popcorn! So I took myself down to the only place I know that sells Schneider's products around here and scooped the very last one off the shelf. I am happy. I will be eating popcorn tonight. Oh......how many more hours must I wait? I must practice some self-control.
Other than the popcorn saga things are going well around here. It's been a busy week with both boys slowly recovering from the flu. Keith was also away all Tuesday night at a fire investigation so he is recuping from being up for 2 days straight. I am bummed about the rainy weather that came back. Last week was so sunny and beautiful. I had fit in a brisk walk several times and was feeling very energized. I suppose I must be patient for spring. I noticed in my garden that some of my bulbs are coming up....very exciting! I planted a whole bunch last fall and can't wait to see them bloom.
It's almost TGIF!!!

15 comments:

katybruk said...

I used to have that popcorn maker - it makes YUMMY popcorn... the BEST!

One word of caution, I had to get rid of it because I got a new glass-top stove, and the pot marked up the glass quite badly, and I couldn't get all the scratches off. Mind you, my pot was a knock-off, and probably made of some cheap material.

Anyway, ENJOY :)

Anonymous said...

you will have to let us know how the popcorn turns out... and how to use the popcorn maker! we got one for a wedding present... and we haven't used it yet! no clue how it works!!!

villagegirl said...

You must be so happy my savoury twin. :) That looks completely delish! Maybe you could make us some for our next LOTR. I have a feeling I will need to stuff my mouth so I don't scream the entire time. :)

Murray and Tracy said...

I have to admit, I have never seen one of those machines. Oh I can not wait to hear all about it. I am with you on the popcorn, I LOVE IT! I have it for dinner sometimes. LOL! Enjoy, you deserve it.

Anonymous said...

We use ours all the time, it is the one snack that Tom can not do without!

Sheila

Keri's Collage... said...

That's it...I'm coming over for popcorn :)

Canadian Kristin said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, craving popcorn now!!!

Anonymous said...

After hearing about this popper and now knowing that you have one in your possession, I would like some samples, please. Your house or mine?

Dickie Chick said...

Hey, I have one of those poppers too!! It makes The Best popcorn!! We got ours for a wedding present as well. In fact we had it on our registry! :o)

Kori's House said...

Wow, all these comments of all who have had or had one! NOW I NEED ONE TOO!

Looking forward to popcorn with our next settlers game :)

Rachel said...

We indulged last night and it was delicious! It pops up really quickly and there weren't any un-popped kernels left at the bottom of the pop.
I think this was a wise purchase :)

Fiona said...

Hey Rachel,

I've been away from a computer for the last 2 weeks, so I'm sorry I missed your birthday. Looked like you had fun. I'm VERY jealous of the popcorn maker as I LOVE it as well. I used to work at the movie theatre and I loved that I could eat all the popcorn I wanted (even when I wasn't working and came to a movie with my friends). Although sadly, that's when my weight gain started and I've never gotten back to my weight before working there. Oh well, popcorn's worth it! :)

Enjoy!

Colleen said...

OH! Go for a walk in the rain! When I lived in Victoria I was doing these awesome power walks a few times a week in the glorious island weather. One day it was POURING rain and I was all bummed that I'd have to miss my walk but instead I donned rain pants and gear and seriously had THE most awesome walk ever. I will never forget it. The air was clean. I was refreshed. I was alone because everyone else was hiding inside. I highly, highly recommend it. Maybe I'll post my post-rain walk pic my hubby took so you can see how happy it made me. :D

Rachel said...

Well, walking in the rain is all fine and dandy for people who don't have hair that grows ten times it's size in the wet humidity.
Yes, I am very vain :)

Colleen said...

Yes, that would change things. I have "skinny" hair. It just goes super DUPER flat in the rain.