Sunday, February 04, 2007

Our Weekend


Saturday night we managed to go out for dinner with Kori & Roger despite having a very sick child at home. Thank goodness for grandparents! It was a delicious Greek dinner and we certainly ate enough food to fill our bellies and then some!


Tonight I made a big Mexican feast for my mother-in-law's birthday which is also in February. It tasted quite wonderful if I do say so myself. Chicken enchiladas, with rice (thanks Tracy for bringing it...very tasty!) and salad. We also made some delicious margaritas...so good that I had three!


I was definitely spoiled with some really lovely gifts. Keith got me the new Michael W Smith CD. He is also buying me something else that I will post when I actually get it. Kori & Keri gave me a very pretty bowl set (see her blog for a photo) and a gift card to HomeSense. My sis-in-law and in-laws both got me gift cards to home decor stores. Yippee! More shopping! Also thanks to Sinead and family who sent over some Euros for me to spend as I like. Tomorrow my mom is making me a birthday dinner so the partying isn't quite over yet. The not so good part of the weekend is that now Chad caught the flu from Nathan so now he's really ill. Nathan seems to be on the mend now but Chad is in the thick of it. It's the same flu Blake and Roger had a short while ago. It's a wicked fever that saps your strength and takes away the appetite. Nathan is so skinny already and now he's downright gaunt. Hopefully it won't hit Keith or I because we don't have time to be sick!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Rachel, a belated birthday to you! You shine! I think your love for life, your gratitude for your blessings and your family illuminate you. Keep shining,love Aunt Herta

Anonymous said...

How delicious does that Mexican grub look?! WOW! It's making me so hungry for Mexican food.

Anonymous said...

That picture of the Mexican feast is absolute torture. I'm going to grab some lunch ASAP!

Sounds like you really enjoyed your birthday. I can't wait to find out what else Keith bought you.

The Lang 6 said...

Hey! I WAS in Kindergarten this morning, and your boy wasn't there. Now that I have read your weekend, sounds like you are right!! Our boys ARE in the same class!! Small world!! Thanks for de-lurking, that means I can too!!

Jenn said...

Nice gifts! Sorry to hear the flu is going through your boys :( I'll pray that it goes quickly and that you and Keith don't get it!

villagegirl said...

That dinner looks SO yummy! I really hope you guys don't get sick. Parenting and sickness do not mix!