Thursday, March 13, 2008

Here I Am

The emails, cards and letters just keep on coming. I do have the most thoughtful family and friends a girl could hope for! Thanks to each and everyone of you who have sent me words of encouragement.
I would have posted sooner but there really hasn't been anything of interest happening to write about. I don't want this to turn into a 'listen to my symptoms this week' sort of pregnancy blog yet at the same time it is taking over my life and that is the reason I don't HAVE a life at the moment. This first trimester is sucking every last bit of energry from my body. I have just enough 'oomph' in me to work, made a meal, do minimal housework, grocery shop and keep the family's head above water....just! I am falling into bed around 9 pm each night which leaves little time for anything else.
On a very positive note the morning sickness seems to be a thing of the past. I almost hestitate to write this but it's been almost a week now. I do have moments where I don't feel well at all but it's not 24/7 anymore. In the few minutes before I go into a coma every night I read a few pages from the pregnancy books my cousin has loaned me. I have discovered that I may not eat feta cheese anymore. I DO NOT LIKE THIS NEW RULE! Another thing that was a bit distressing is that Advil is off limits. Only Tylenol may be used for headaches and whatnot. Of course I have a Costco size bottle of Advil in my cupboard and not a tablet of Tylenol to be found at my house. Oh well....minor adjustments really.
I am looking forward to spring break which is fast approaching. It will be so nice to have a little holiday from making the kids lunches and driving to school.
Well....there you have it! I'm here, I'm alive, I'm upright (at the moment:)) and will try and post a bit more regularly!

6 comments:

Shawna said...

YAY -- Glad to hear you have so much support! And I'll continue to pray that your sickness is over with!

Standing along with you in prayer during this fabulously exciting time.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that you're doing alright. Hopefully you'll get your energy back after the first trimester.

Keri's Collage... said...

I'm also glad to hear that you are feeling better these days. Anyone that has suffered from morning sickness 24/7 knows just how horrible you were feeling, and most of us instantly felt that sick feeling when you wrote about it!
I hear you're not supposed to have sushi anymore either. We will have to chose a new location for our next lunch date!

Colleen said...

I'm so glad to hear it. We are all so glad apparently. :) I've been thinking of you lots these last few days and have been wondering how you're doing. I will pray regarding it all and hope you have some of your energy returning or at least that you continue to get some rock solid sleep.

Canadian Kristin said...

Sounds like you ARE doing it all: work and Mommy-ing and lunches for kids and dinners for the family.... cut yourself a whole lotta slack, Momma-to-be!!!! Drink water when you can, lay on the couch when you can, and let those boys take care of you and their sibling-on-the-way!!! The best part of the age gap is having those built-in helpers...use what God has gifted you with!!! :-)
Happy Spring Break!

villagegirl said...

I didn't find out about the feta thing until late in my pregnancy and after I'd consumed many a greek salad. People will also tell you not to eat seafood, watermelon and an array of other things. I say everything in moderation unless of course it really is dangerous. And the list will change on a yearly basis.
I am so glad to hear you are feeling better. Phew! And just a couple more weeks and you won't be as tired either.