Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Yesterday


In this picture you can see that the gorgeous mirror I got for my birthday is hung and looking very nice in my livingroom. Also, the vase I received from my employer is looking mighty fine with flowers in it! Thanks to my cousin Kerry for lovely bouquet! What a thoughtful surprise.
And here's the birthday boy. As you may be able to tell he's a bit teary eyed. Not from the aging process but because he didn't like the cake I made for his birthday dessert. I came home from work and thought I had a chocolate cake mix in my pantry but only found a butter pecan mix. Nate took one bite and started to cry. I asked him why the tears and he said: Mom! I want to like it but I just can't. I think he felt bad that I had gone to the trouble (not like a cake mix is trouble!) to make a cake and he didn't like it! I'll make it up to him this weekend.....his favorite cheesecake will be made!!! After dinner we took the boys to see 'Horton Hears a Who'. It was very cute.

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Terry said...

Guys just HAVE TO have their favourite cake on their birthdays or it is just not worth it. I totally understand.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! What a sweet son you have...trying to like the cake, for your sake.

Colleen said...

Aw, what a good kid. What a good heart!

villagegirl said...

aww, that is so sweet!
Mmm, I'll take the leftovers. I love butter pecan!

Shawna said...

so sweet!

Fiona said...

I'm with villagegirl. If you need someone to help finish the butter pecan, what time should we come over? haha Happy Birthday to Nathan and congrats to you because I would NEVER think you have a 10 year old.

Canadian Kristin said...

What a sweet boy for trying to like it...and what a strong character to be able to tell you his true feelings.