Friday, August 01, 2008

Good to be Home

The washer is spinning, the dryer is humming, the kids are playing with their toys like it's Christmas and Keith is putting away the camping equipment and I am blogging....ahhhh...so GOOD to be home again.
We had a very good time camping with Roger and Kori. The weather was a tad disappointing as we had everything from hot sun, cold breezes and thunder to a torrential rain storm. Definitely not a repeat of last years perfect weather. We managed to snag a double campsite which was really great as the entire site only has three of them. We were conveniently close to the bathrooms and our neighbors weren't rowdy. In fact, I bet they thought we were a bit on the noisy side! The sleeping on the air mattress wasn't so good for me. I didn't get more than four or five hours the first two nights but then managed longer stretches on the last two nights but those nights were very cold. My sleep was always broken and I am in need of a deep long sleep in my own bed. I pat myself on the back for camping in this late stage of pregnancy and am glad it shall not be repeated! Do you hear me? IT SHALL NOT BE REPEATED! There.
Enjoy some highlights......

Day One....little did we know it was the best beach day we would have on our four day trip.

Beach babes!

The kids patiently waiting for their dinner. Pizza pie irons for the first night.

The view from our site was beautiful. I meant the scenery...not the men :)

My aunt Chris, cousins Matt & Sarah and their son Rees came for a surprise visit on Tuesday. They live in Kamloops so they decided to take a trip out to see us! Rees is simply the sweetest child I've ever met!!!

Keith! Put down that Blackberry and step away slowly....you are on VACATION!

Karli really showed us her crazy side...she seems to be a born entertainer. Here she is showing off her dance moves. Chad was her little shadow.

Kori the pyro. We decided we girls were the best fire makers because our parents both made us keep the woodstoves burning during our growing up years.

No camping trip is complete without s'mores.

This is us all huddled up under our shelter trying to escape the horrible rainstorm that started one night. Good thing for Yahtzee or we would have all had to go to bed at 9 pm!

The boys had a great time throwing rocks, making forts, harrassing the marmots, fishing and getting filthy! Not sure why Nathan was in so few pictures...he WAS there.

The dreaded hair dilemma. Both Kori and I required flat irons or at least blow dryers to have presentable hair. I got her to give me a lovely 1980's french braid after my shower so my hair would be wavy the next day. It was wavy alright and very HUGE. Sigh.....there goes the vanity.

Be sure to check out Kori's blog for her pictures and trip write-up. I'm sure she'll post soon...right Kor?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such a great campsite! We just drove past there on our get-away day last Saturday and were admiring what a beautiful spot it was for camping.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who has recruited someone to french braid my hair while camping. Desperate times call for desperate measures!

poof said...

Nice! No mosquitos?

Keri's Collage... said...

It looks like a great camping trip! S'mores...that might be the only thing that would get me camping!

Stephanie said...

Rachel! Glad you're back! And I love the pictures of Matt and Sarah and little Rees. Maybe we will try that campsite out one year. Do you have to reserve far in advance?

Shawna said...

Looks like a great time away - and kudos to you for doing it 30 weeks preggers!

Can't wait to go check out your spot for ourselves come August 28th!

Kerry said...

Looks like fun...s'mores sound delicious and you are one brave woman for camping during your last trimester...I can't say I'd be that daring. Hope you get some rest. :)

Rachel said...

Carla-not too many mozzies at all. They don't like my blood anyhow.
Steph-we made reservations in April so yes, you must plan ahead.

Lovella ♥ said...

What a beautiful campsite. I love camping and our kids did too. The kids are gone and we are still camping. . oh I love where you were. .

Jenn said...

Looks like so much fun :) I haven't been camping since we moved back to B.C.!! So, so sad... Next summer is our year. You're so brave to camp while at the end of your pregnancy. I was never that brave!