Friday, December 11, 2009

A Busy Week

Hey all! Christmas busy-ness is upon us here at our household. It isn't unmanageable or anything but definitely more go-go-go that usual.
My home is starting to slide downward. My dining room table has been a dumping ground and it's driving me crazy. My plan is to deal with it in the morning!

I've been out three nights in a row now and am missing my baby boy at bedtime. On Wednesday evening I took the boys to the MEI Middle school Christmas concert. They loved it and I must say it was nice to be at a school concert that wasn't all about Santa and his elves. Nate especially loved the marching band and I think he'd like to come to MEI just to join that!
Then for the past two nights I've been helping out in the kitchen at church for our big Christmas production. It's been great fun and completely enjoyable but after a full day of work it's exhausting as well. I'm glad it's the weekend now. Soccer has been cancelled tomorrow due to frozen fields so we can all sleep in. Yippee!

Oh and today I was presented with this award at school. It was a bit weird to get an award during chapel and have to walk up in front of everyone to get it (I tried to 'forget' to attend but the principal had someone come and fetch me from the office just in time to have my named called!) but a nice honour all the same. It wasn't a surprise at all since I am the one in charge of typing and printing up these certificates! But I did decide that my parents should not be phoned and invited to chapel along with all the others to see their child receive their award :)

7 comments:

QuiltNut Creations said...

sounds like my week too; so glad to have a somewhat quiet weekend so i can reclaim the house!

love your new banner; too cute

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a nice relaxing weekend. Sounds like you could really use it!

Terry said...

Are you not also the one who decides who gets the award? :) It would have been nice to be there to see you get it, sort of like the old days, but just knowing you got it makes me proud. I met one of your co-workers in the mall yesterday on my once a year excursion to that place. She sat at a table with you at your banquet. Bev.

villagegirl said...

I know what you mean! There's not alot of rest at the moment. One. More. Week. and then there'll be time to relax.
It was great fun last night. I hope they'll do something that we can help out in next year too!

Colleen said...

Well congratulations! You're all growed up with your very own award!

cayman77 said...

Congrats! You sooooooooooo suit that office! I was pleased & happy to see you greet me :)

Fiona said...

So fun that they gave you an award. Sounds like a fun place to work.