Friday, December 04, 2009

Rush Rush

I race in the door, throw the chicken in the oven, dice the onions, carrots and celery and start the rice pilaf all before I even take off my coat!

This is because it's soccer night and I stopped after work on a errand which made me behind schedule. We had dinner eaten and Chad ready to go to soccer when Keith calls from work....won't be home for a long time due to investigating an arson. Chad will have to miss practice. Sigh......

Nate and Chad had NO trouble helping me enjoy yet another gift I received at work today. Yippee for Purdy's!

5 comments:

Kerry said...

Purdy's....my mouth is watering!!! What a lovely gift. :) And, look at you...Supermom...when I'm running late I make a much less sophisticated supper. (grilled cheese and tomato soup)

Anonymous said...

Drat. All that rushing for nothing. Oh well. I guess that gave you extra time to enjoy those Purdy's chocolates. :)

villagegirl said...

Oh delish! On dinner and chocolates. Mmm...
You rock. :)

Val said...

I totally would do the same things when I was running around with our boys...I'd quickly fix dinner, sit down at the table and realize that my coat was still on:) Now I just don't make dinner...

Fiona said...

Yum! Lucky lady. I'm sure as school Admin. Assistant you'll get many fun/nice gifts. Can't wait to see what else you've gotten. :)