Monday, December 21, 2009

My Oven was On ALL Day!

I woke up and was on a mission to get all my Christmas baking done today. Actually, I think it's very smart to do it close to Christmas because it doesn't get all eaten up before you actually need it.
I tried a few new recipes and a few classic stand-bys as well.
First was Oreo cookie bark. The boys give it two thumbs up!
Next was Kori's famous sugar cookies. Each year I get better and better at rolling out the dough to the correct thickness. I thought these were my best yet.
I sent the boys out delivering goodies to the neighbors.


Mmmmm....caramel corn. Definitely one of my weaknesses!


This was a new recipe this year. I spotted them on the Kraft website and gave them a go. The chocolate cookie has cream cheese in it. After they are baked you drizzle melted white chocolate and sprinkle with crushed candy canes. The kids say they are good.
I don't sample the baking so I have to take their word for it!


5 comments:

Kerry said...

Wow Rachel, that looks amazing. You were busy!! I wish I had your will power though...I usually have to sample at least one cookie.

Anonymous said...

I've often thought about making the Oreo cookie bark but since I don't care for Oreos I've convinced myself not to try making the Oreo cookie bark.

Sugar cookies and caramel corn are on my To-Make list for today.

I made those chocolate candy cane cookies a couple of years ago but we didn't really care for them.

Terry said...

Naturally, you will be bringing samples to gain your father's approval.

Jenn said...

Those are some lucky neighbours!!

Fiona said...

What cute little delivery men you have. :) I can't believe you have the will power not to taste your baking. Wow.