Thursday, April 07, 2011

A Barrel of Rhubarb

One of my concerns upon leaving Chadsey Crescent was that I was leaving behind my beloved rhubarb plant. I do love rhubarb desserts and was finally getting a good crop from my plant. My thought was to dig it up and then transplant it to the new place. In all the frenzy of moving I forgot about this. When I explored my new backyard I found in one corner a wooden barrel just full of a good strong rhubarb plant! I was just so pleased! Sadly I did have to say good bye to my raspberries but perhaps I'll plant some again.
Keith has been doing one project after another to get this place just the way we want it. We are impatient and far from done. Last night he installed a new programmable thermostat. A 'must have' as far as I am concerned. We are adjusting to the new way of heating this house. We have the furnace running heat to the main floor and basement but the upstairs is all heated with baseboard heaters. We'll see what the heating bills are like next winter but maybe it's smart way of doing things...I'll keep you posted on that!


Looks like we'll be getting that new paint job sooner rather than later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you that you've got rhubarb at your new place. Such a nice little bonus!

villagegirl said...

Yay for rhubarb! Mine's just starting to come up!
Yep, might have to get on that painting soon. :)
Your place is lovely! I can't wait to see it all finished up to make it 'you'!

Trace said...

I don't think I have ever tasted rhubarb!! You don't see it so much here.