Friday, April 22, 2011

Sowing Seeds


Somehow Good Friday feels like a day to be very solemn. And I have been contemplating His sacrifice today but I also did a yard project. Y'think that's okay?
We'll be going to church tonight so it all balances out, right?
There was a sad patch in our new backyard and since the sun was shining (a rare thing of late) I decided that I would get this taken care of today. Nate and I raked up the dead thatch and prepped the area for new soil and seed. I've never done this before so I hope it all turns out. I've watered it well and now have to wait and see if my efforts will pay off. I also mowed the lawn today. It's a BIG yard! Nate has been informed this will be his task from now on. At least it's all level!
Keith has been in the garage installing new shelving units and giving it a clean out. At this point it looks worse than when he started but some projects are like that! I look forward to it being all tidying and parking indoors again.
Other reno news....our new 2-inch blinds were installed in our living room, dining room, hall and office. What a wonderful difference they make. I'm really happy with them...instant update.
We have gotten a second quote on carpet and will be ordering it tomorrow! An ambitious project (Keith is removing all old carpet to save money) but I know it will be all worth it when it's done. The carpets right now are icky and there is no underlay left to speak of. Of course this means all new baseboards and we decided to get my ensuite floor redone at the same time! How is that these home projects have a snowball effect! Well, when the money runs out then they will all come to a screaming halt...probably won't be long!

3 comments:

Kori's House said...

It will look good in no time! I have no doubt your green thumb will be able to fix it :)

Anonymous said...

I loved the sunshine yesterday but it definitely made it more difficult to think about the meaning behind Good Friday. All day I felt like maybe I shouldn't have been so happy and having so much fun.

As for your new grass seed, water it A LOT! That's the secret.

Chris said...

Nothing wrong with seeding grass on Good Friday... sowing seeds for new life right?