Saturday, April 09, 2011

Saturday Stuff



Okay...now my blogger is randomly placing my photos on my posts and I can't change them! Am I the only one having trouble here?

Anyhow. Good surprise today in that our new sofas were delivered a few days early. We went shopping last night all over town and with five minutes before the last store we went to closed we bought this floor model for a good deal. They are a very comfy loveseat and couch. It nice to have a place to sit down now. We have furniture in our 'living room' but didn't have anything in the family room yet.





















Then my brother very kindly came over to hook up our multitude of wires and electronics. It's not that Keith is incapable but just that I have Keith working on so many other projects that he just can't do it all! So now we are back to watching TV and Liam can be entertained with his favorite programs now and again. Keith has been busy today ripping up the carpet on the stairs as he's going to be doing a few modifications before we get new carpet in the next few weeks.





























We have some big decisions to make about chosing carpet and if you know me well, you know that I am not good at making decisions and I really need lots of input. My fairy godmother decorators came by today to give their two cents and next week the lady from the flooring place is coming for a consultation as well. Getting new carpet is a massive expense so we really want to get it right!
Anyone have any advice about types of carpets or what has or has not worked for them? I'd love to hear it.




5 comments:

Trace said...

It looks like everything is coming along perfectly!! Love your new sofa too - looks extremely comfy! :)

villagegirl said...

The couches look great!
I have no idea how to pick carpet. Go with brown...it doesn't show dirt. :)
I think when you meet with the carpet lady, she'll have some good advice and ideas for you.

Anonymous said...

Love the new couch! Great color and style.

As for carpets, my advice would be don't go cheap. When we moved into our place we were only planning to live in it for a few years so didn't want to sink a ton of money into new carpets. Big mistake. It's been in need of replacing for a number of years now and hasn't held up well at all.

QuiltNut Creations said...

love the new couch; great pillows!

personally, I wouldn't do carpets, I would go laminate.

Fiona said...

I love the look of hardwood, but prefer the feel of carpet, so I'd go with carpet as well. Never had to pick any out, though, so I'm not much help in that department. It's fun to watch it all come together!