Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Celebrating Chad

Chad woke up Monday to find a little stash of treats waiting for him at the breakfast table. A 'sugar' cereal of his choice, a Star Wars book and a gift from Nathan! (more Lego if you were dying to know). He was most pleased.

That evening my mom had us and Keith's family over for supper. I appreciate that so much since I am not quite ready at our place for party-mode. Unpacking and getting settled is taking so much longer than I thought! Anyhow, Chad chose a Napolean Torte for his birthday cake which was just scrumptious!


Chad received many wonderful gifts including MORE Lego, an airplane model, Narnia DVD and this gorgeous homemade quilt from Nana. It's going to look so nice in his room...once his room is finished.
He told me that evening it was the BEST birthday ever. Funny kid....so easily pleased sometimes!
Today he got a belated birthday gift. The orthodontist told him that he would get his braces off next month! Chad is over the moon about that and is already counting down the days.

4 comments:

Terry said...

What a banner year for Chad.

Fiona said...

Wow! That is some amazing quilt!

Anonymous said...

I am dying to know what your mom uses as a filling between the layers of the Napolean Torte. (I always use vanilla pudding.)

Trace said...

The napolean torte looks amazing.. as does the quilt!! That is one craft I wish I could do!