Saturday, April 02, 2011

Not Too Tired to Blog....



...But really quite tired. Today was a success mostly in part to family and friends who put their lives on hold today to help us move. It was a BIG job (especially the hot tub) but it got done and well, all we can say is thank you very much. The weather was very spring-like with plenty of showers and one or two sunny breaks.
My head was in a fog today so I really have to give a special thanks to K & K who kinda took charge and told me what to do. I need friends like that :)


Brent and Jill were kind enough to take Chad's bed and give it a new home. Bye bye loft bed....you were good to my boys!


Dave and Roger are work horses. They really did a lot of heavy lifting. I should pay for them to both get some massage therapy. We aren't spring chickens anymore!

Feeding the hungry troops.



From the sounds of it, moving the hot tub was the challenge of the day. With a few resouceful ideas and strong backs the job was done. We'll have you all over for a soak once it's up and running again!


They successfully manouvered it around the gate. Good job guys!

Today was the first time I'd seen the house from the backyard. I like it! Dave gave me plenty of advice on how to spruce up that dead grass. I think they'd had a trampoline there.

One last farwell to Chadsey Crescent. We did enjoy our first home and it was a lovely home! We'll miss the neighbors, the views and the familiarity of it all. The great part is that the house is on our walking route so we'll be keeping our eye on it regularly! I hope the new owners enjoy it. As we left the house there was a very pretty rainbow to the northeast and it reminded us greatly of God's goodness in all this.

In the evening the neighbors came over and introduced themselves and brought us some lovely flowers! What a terrific welcome. She told us that everyone looks out for each other on this street which sounds wonderful to me.

Liam was reunited with his family after two days with Nana (LIFESAVER!) and was happy to have a bath in the new tub. He's taking this move all in stride. What a little trooper.

All in all things are going well. Time to rest these weary bones and get used to the new night sounds of this place. Yikes!

5 comments:

Baker said...

Yea! It's done. Hope your are able to settle in quickly.

Anonymous said...

I feel tired just reading about the move. Such a blessing to have such terrific friends and family though to help out.

Trace said...

I'm glad your move was successful! Here's to many happy times in your new home! :)

Terry said...

Neighbours? Rob and Karen or Pete and Pauline?

Fiona said...

I remember trying to get used to all the new sounds when I was housesitting. It's quite interesting. Have fun settling in! Can't wait to come for that soak. ;)