Monday, November 07, 2011

Lots and Lots of Leaves

 Thanks to an impromtou suggestion from Kori, we headed for a big hike up to the Abbey yesterday.  I knew it would be a challenge with a three year old but we braved it anyhow!  He had a great view from him personal chariot. 
 It was wonderful to crunch through the maples leaves and we had the trails all to ourselves.  Not one other person was seen.
 It was cool and crisp.  My favorite kind of fall day.
 We made it up to the view point and rested up.

 Liam loves the 'big boys' and tries to keep up with them best he can.  I've got to find this child some friends his own age one day.





 Getting all the kids posed can be a bit of work...mostly because of a certain someone who was missing his nap!
The adults all pose very cooperatively...but we couldn't get rid of Liam! 

Great hike and great company but I do fear sore muscles are close on the horizon!

6 comments:

Trace said...

It looks like a perfectly beautiful walk! :)

Terry said...

Really, really nice photos!

villagegirl said...

I'd love to do that hike some time. It looks so pretty!
From where do you start?

Lovella ♥ said...

I didn't even know there was a trail to the abby. I'll have to look a bit closer for that. It looks like the perfect hike for this time of year. ..well ..it might have been. After the wind expected today. .it will likely be a little less colorful above.
Beautiful photos.

Colleen said...

Spectacular!
T'was a trip down memory lane, too. I loved going to the Abby back in the day.
Thank you!

Kerry said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! I LOVE the fall and these pictures sure made me miss it!