Thursday, November 24, 2011

What I Don't Do

Post stealer...that's what I am.  My friend in Oz posted something that I could not help but borrow.  It can help put a 'real' spin on my blog.  As you know I endevour to mostly post positive material.  But yes, real life happens around here and it's not always pretty!

  • I don't clean my fridge regularly.  I once knew a girl who told me she cleaned/washed out her fridge each time she went grocery shopping.  I was/am in awe of such a thing.  I wash out my fridge oh....maybe two times a year.  If that grosses you out, too bad.

  • I don't put things away properly. I will toss things in a cupboard and quickly slam it shut so it all doesn't fall back out.  My pots and pans cupboard is atrocious and my pantry is very messy.  I sometimes ended up buying so many extra dry goods because I don't realize what a stock pile I have towards the back of the shelves!

  • I don't call as often as I should and I won't answer the phone. But I'm a pretty quick emailer! I blame being on the phone for most of my working life in a contact centre. If there was no email I would be a hermit.

  • I don't wear do any devotions and praying regularly can be a challenge.  It's shameful....there are no words.

  • I don't treat telemarketers very nicely.  I am sorely sick of them and take out my frustrations on them.  Keith thinks I am very rude and I think he is way too nice!

  • I don't dust unless company is coming.  So there.

  • I don't 'do' emotional situations.  People who are hurting, crying or in distress make me severely uncomfortable.  I don't know how to handle these types of situations.  Very very awkward to me.  I don't cry in front of others either....ugh.  A nightmare kind of situation for me.

  • I don't iron unless I have to. And that comes to less than six times a year...just guessing!

  • I don't start things I can't finish.  I am impatient and need to see results fairly quickly.  This is why I could not do scrapbooking or a sewing project.  I feel no satisfaction from the process...just the results.  Therefore I have very few hobbies.  Okay, no hobbies!

  • I'll end it here although I could keep typing.  Can you relate to anything I shared?!

    9 comments:

    villagegirl said...

    I don't clean my fridge regularly either. It's a nasty job and there is only so much time in ones' life and it shouldn't be spent scrubbing! And the phone! I agree, I think it's too many years having to answer the blasted thing at work that makes one not want to have it stuck to your ear at home.
    And the ironing. I purposely buy things that don't need it. :)

    Trace said...

    Thanks for doing this!! We are so alike! I can relate on so many levels.. haha.

    I refuse to clean the fridge - Dylan does it. He throws things out all the time but it only gets a scrub when we're having a major 'food event' or holidays. My job I just left was managing a contact centre, therefore my love of phones is nil. And also means I am the worst person a telemarketer could hope to have pick up. Especially if they are rude or pushy. It's not uncommon for me to open the pantry and have something fall out. ;) I never have the right words when someone is upset and I will run a million miles before I let someone see me cry. I only iron Dylan's work clothes and that's only because it's a shirt and tie job. And dusting...ahhhh the duster only sees the light of day if I know someone's coming over. HA!

    White Girl said...

    I clean my fridge once a month... or rather, my maid cleans it once a month, but I do wipe up obvious spills as needed, and clear out old food/jars once per week. Before my maid, though, I tried to do the cleaning my fridge before going grocery shopping. I hate cleaning the fridge, though. It was my childhood chore, along with vaccuming, and I hate both now.

    Sheri said...

    Wow! We have a lot in common....a lot!!! :)

    Keri's Collage... said...

    I like to clean out my fridge weekly! If I don't have time to pull everything out, I at least push things around and wipe what I can! The rest of my house is another story! We are a lot alike on almost everything else :)

    Stephanie said...

    Rachel, I would say reading is definitely one of your hobbies, wouldn't you? And what about baking/cooking? Do you get any pleasure from those?
    I always feel guilty about my fridge. But Jon is a tornado in the kitchen and it can be a full-time job cleaning up after him. I have to let some things slide for my sanity and his :)

    Anonymous said...

    Wow! Who knew we had so much in common? I don't clean my fridge regularly either. I wait until it's really bad before tackling it. I don't mind answering the phone, but I will rarely make a phone call. I'm definitely an email gal. I used to be nice to telemarketers but not so much anymore. As for ironing, I gave my ironing board away a couple of years ago; I used it so rarely that there was no point in keeping it.

    BUT, I have no pride when it comes to crying and have openly cried in public on many occasions. And if someone else is in emotional distress, I'm your girl. :)

    QuiltNut Creations said...

    I don't clean my fridge either; ack.

    I also don't do regular devotions; it is something I have really been struggling with lately.

    Telemarketers, don't get me started!

    And I rarely dust, even if company is coming lol!

    Jenn said...

    I hate cleaning my fridge, but I do it every couple of months... And I can relate to the dusting for company. Do you know what really has helped me with devotions more than anything? I bought a daily reading bible last year. It goes by date and not in order of books. So every day you read a portion of the OT, a portion of the NT, some Psalms and a Proverb. I love it!