Sunday, November 27, 2011

Moving On

Even though I left Prospera Credit Union over two years ago now, I am still very much in touch with my former co-workers.  Well, one of them is my BFF so we would be in touch anyhow but so many of those ladies were part of my life for 15 plus years!  We just have a connection that will always be there.  This wonderful lady, Margo who is pictured between Kori and I, hired me back in March of 1993.  I was a meek, shy girl and she was able to see through that and gave me a job as a teller.  Through my entire career at the credit union, I followed Margo where ever she went.  She was such a fabulous manager that I would not nor could not work for anyone else.  She was the epitome of such a professional, calm, fair and caring manager.  I trailed her from West Oaks branch to Clearbrook branch and then to the Contact Centre.  She was one of the reasons why I stayed employed there long after I felt it was time to perhaps look for a different job.  It was hard to leave her!  She also saw me through the dating years, onto being engaged, married, a first time mom, a second time mom AND a third time mom....all the milestones!!!
Now she is moving on and leaving the credit union.  I was so priveledged to be a part of her farewell dinner.  I know we will always stay in touch.  She is a woman to be respected and admired!  Thank you Margo for everything.

4 comments:

Terry said...

What a wonderful tribute!

Trace said...

Aww what a great post! Those kinds of bosses are worth following! My boss at the job I just left was the best manager I could ever hope to have! I hope we can work together again one day when I head back to the work force.

Keri's Collage... said...

I don't know Margo personally, but I have never ever heard anyone say a negative thing about her. She is one in a million!

Anonymous said...

She sounds like an amazing woman.