Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Ugly Sweaters on Beautiful Ladies

Not only was I blessed in my previous job to have great co-workers, I am again blessed to have a new (2 years young) family of co-workers that I think are pretty special.  You are probably all quite tired of me bragging about how much I love my new job but in all honesty it's always the people that make the workplace what it is.  Each year a different department of the school takes turns hosting the administrative support staff Christmas party.  This year, it was ours!  Marci pretty much organized the whole thing, while the rest of us just followed orders.


 The theme was 'Ugly Christmas Sweaters'.  These were our works of art. 

 We used the home-ec kitchen to prep our food.  One of our TAs, Hilary does some catering on the side and graciously cooked and served our turkey dinner to us.  It was very very good!  I'd never had a brined turkey before and I have to say it was mighty juicy and delicious.
 Lin (the librarian) and I modelling our festive wear.
 Here's the gang of us.  Not everyone could make it but it was a nice size to be able to visit and have fun.
 Marci and Val who I work with and Sandra who works in the band department at the highschool.
 Good eating!
 Who says people from accounting departments are dull?  Myra was the life of the party!
 We played a few games, had a fashion show, opened gifts and had many many laughs.  It was a great evening!

5 comments:

Kori's House said...

Looks like a great night!! LOVE the sweaters :)

Keri's Collage... said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

villagegirl said...

The sweaters are fantastic! :)
What a great night.

White Girl said...

I love the sweaters!

What did you all laugh about? We need stories, Rachel!

Anonymous said...

How fun! Now you've got me thinking that perhaps I'll go buy myself an ugly Christmas sweater just for laughs.