Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Highlights

Oh dear!  All this staying up late and getting up even later is going to bite me in the butt when 'real' life returns.  For now, I will enjoy but I always know in the back of my mind that the body reset is going to be painful!
It's been a whirlwind the past few days.  We have a family dinner this evening and then a bit of a respite until our very large Klassen clan get-together happens on New Year's Day.
I'll post a few pictures highlighting our holiday happenings!  In a word it was wonderful!


 Christmas eve dinner at my parents after church...as per tradition.
 And we always pose for a family shot before we open gifts.
 Matching presents from Andrew.
 A gift for Andrew to remember a great part of our holiday together last Christmas.
 My dad got out his antique train set for Liam.  He was fascinated!
 Dad got his own 'In 'n Out' shirt too. 
 Liam was spoiled with wonderful gifts.  He really got into Christmas this year which was entirely entertaining.  Watching the kids enjoy Christmas is a good enough gift for me in itself!
 Nate was pleased to get one of the items on his list.

 Liam approves of Christmas!
 We all chipped in to get Dad a Kindle.
 Chad only had Lego on his wish list so that's pretty much all he got!
 Liam loves his Thomas the Train set.
 We ate way too much...as is expected during the holidays.
 So here we are Christmas morning.  We have only one fireplace in this big house and it doesn't even have a mantle.  So the stockings were hung on the railing with care.




This year Nate got more clothes than 'toys'.  Hopefully he didn't mind!



 Keith had been using an old wooden and uncomfortable chair for his computer so I got him this very comfortable office chair.  A happy man, is he.  I got a wonderful and modern cell phone.  Mine was a flip phone so to be brought into the 21st century is nice.  I need to figure it out though which will take some time, I'm sure!

 Christmas afternoon we headed to Keith's family home for festivities.  It was very fun to spoil our soon to be born nephew!
 Oh great...weapons!  Nate and Chad will have great fun battling each other.
 Chad got a matching gun...good times ahead!
 Liam was becoming an expert gift opener at this point!
 We squished 16 people into his parents wee little kitchen which meant Grandma put herself at the kiddie table!  What a good sport.
 By 11:00 pm it was time to lock up the animals.
Nate trying out his remote control helicoptor....sorry if there is any damage to your walls Grandma!


Well, there are about 100 more photos I could post.  I tried to just chose a few as not to make this the longest post ever.  Hoping you all had a wonderful time with your families and friends!

5 comments:

Terry said...

My scroller over heated so it is the longest post ever, but a very good one!

White Girl said...

Looks like you had a good time celebrating with family!

QuiltNut Creations said...

I love the locking up the animals lol! looks like a fabulous Christmas

Trace said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful day!! :)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful celebration. The smiles on the faces really say it all.