Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!

"The universal joy of Christmas is certainly wonderful. We ring the bells when princes are born, or toll a mournful dirge when great men pass away. Nations have their red-letter days, their carnivals and festivals, but once in the year and only once, the whole world stands still to celebrate the advent of a life. Only Jesus of Nazareth claims this world-wide, undying remembrance. You cannot cut Christmas out of the Calendar, nor out of the heart of the world."

~Anonymous

2 comments:

White Girl said...

Not an entirely accurate sentiment. School was in session in the desert. Life went on as any other day on the 25th, and I think we are still part of the "whole world". It is a nice hope for the future, though.

Lovella ♥ said...

I so enjoyed reading all your Christmas event posts. I love how your boys are growing up!
I had to smile that Lego was all my boys wanted and ever got. ..some things don't change...even decades later.