Sunday, December 11, 2011

Diamond, Where Art Thou?



I looked down at my hand this morning in church and discovered that my wedding set was missing a diamond!  Can you see that wee little spot....top left.  A bit sad but I suppose my own fault for not getting my claws checked in the past oh....8 years!  I haven't a clue when it went missing and there truly is no point in looking for it.  Maybe it went into the baking, or it could be at work, or somewhere lost forever outside.  I have two pairs of small diamond earrings that are missing their partners and another ring with small diamonds that I will bring to the jewler to see if we can fit them in my ring.  Not precisely an expense I wanted at this time of year but I think I'd better get the claws checked along with the repair as soon as possible!

5 comments:

Terry said...

Like mother-like daughter.

It's a conspiracy I say. They give those claws a built in obsolescence so they can sell more diamonds.

Trace said...

Ohh bummer!!

villagegirl said...

oh dear! For the first 5 or 6 years I'd get the claws checked yearly. Now it's been a while! I lost one once and it bounced into the tub...but not down the drain! Phew! Good plan to see if the earring will work...hope they will!

Stephanie said...

It's not that obvious in the picture, but it sure is good you have a backup plan. Thanks for the reminder to get mine checked! I only have one diamond and would be sad to lose it too!

Anonymous said...

I've had a diamond fall out of my ring once too. Thankfully I managed to find the diamond right away. Hope everything works out to have your diamond replaced.