Thursday, May 28, 2009

Oh My!

My nerves. MY NERVES!
The kids are performing this weekend at church in a musical called 'Oh Me, Oh My, Oh Nehemiah!'.

I usually LOVE watching them sing and perform each Christmas and spring with the Kids Town Choir. This year I am rather jumpy about the whole situation because Nathan has the lead role of Nehemiah! I am very proud of course but my goodness I don't know if I can even bear to watch.

Each year he's been in choir, I've encouraged him to try out for a role and each year he hasn't been interested. A few times he was in a non-speaking role as a wise man and enjoyed that very much. This year I encouraged him to try out for a role again because it's his last year of being in the choir as once you are past grade 5 that's it. He really didn't want to so I left him alone about it. When the day came for try-outs he told me that Chris (one of the kids pastors) had also encouraged to try out for the same reasons as old mom did. So he did.

The next week he ran out of practice with a big grin on his face and told me he got the lead role of Nehemiah! And of course I blurt out....Are you sure?! I was stunned. My Nathan who does not seek the spotlight got the lead role?!

Anyhow, he's been practicing his lines diligently, attending all rehearsals and seems to be very comfortable in his role.

This weekend we get to see....if I can bring myself to open my eyes wide enough to watch!

7 comments:

Auntie Gaye said...

Of course, you'll watch---- with your eyes wide open! He's making up for your stage fright! You must be proud! And you will be proud!

Kori's House said...

I know exactly how you are feeling!! I'll be nervous with you :)

I know he will do great! We are looking forward to it!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure he'll do great. And I'm sure you'll do great too. Can't wait to hear all about it. :)

Keri's Collage... said...

I know that Nathan will do great! Get your camera ready :)
Curt can't wait to come and see the boys!

Terry said...

It will be just as interesting watching you as it will be watching Nathan. I know who will be more nervous.

Jenn said...

Keep your eyes open Rachel, he'll do great!! Make sure you video a bit of it. Two Christmases ago, Isaiah did a solo in the church Christmas play. I tooks pics, but as soon as he was done, I was kicking myself for not videoing it...

Anneliese said...

Oh let the fun begin! I miss those dramas that the kids acted and sang in. But yes... as a Mom you will be seeing it from a totaly different angle. Don't be too hard on yourself. Enjoy it, have fun and be proud of your son.