Friday, May 01, 2009

Suckers

Like all my babies, Liam has a soother addiction. I actually was the enabler of this addiction. I started him on it in the hospital contrary to the current popular advice. He wasn't keen to start but I did persist and now I have a full blown addict. This is good. A fussy baby is very often immediately pacified with a pacifier. I am a big fan of them.
Liam has know moved onto the next size of soother. It's definitely a bigger chuck of silicone for him to have in his mouth. When I popped a new one in yesterday he immediately spat it out and looked at me like I had just put something very wrong in his mouth! Fortunately it didn't last and after a few minutes he was happy as a clam with his new best friend.

The boys got a hold of the old soothers and had a few quiet moments of regression. Those were the good old days, hey kids?!



4 comments:

Kori's House said...

Liam is so cute with his Sucker in his mouth :)
I love Suckies!!

villagegirl said...

hee hee
Yes, I'm a big fan too! With one child refusing and one being an addict - I'd chose the addict! Makes for a very fussless baby.

Keri's Collage... said...

I love suckies too!!

The boys will love you when you post that picture at their weddings! haha

Kerry said...

I only used soothers with my first two..and had such a HORRIBLE time getting them to get rid of them that I decided against it for my last two...so far so good, but there are times when I'd like to pop a soother in Joaquin's mouth. How do you do it when it's time to take it away from him? By the way, great picture of Nathan and Chad!!